Review: Did I Mention I Miss You?

Did I Mention I Miss You? ~ Review


Title: Did I Mention I Miss You?
Series: DIMLY series 3 of 3
Author: Estelle Maskame
Genre: Young Adult/ Contemporary, Romance
Publisher: Black and White Publishing
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Synopsis: One last chance for love. It's been a year since Eden last spoke to Tyler. She remains furious with him for his abrupt departure last summer but has done her best to move on with her life at college in Chicago ― and she's finally over Tyler...right? As school breaks up for the summer, she's heading back to Santa Monica, but she's not the only one who decides to come home... Despite their breakup, Tyler's determined to rekindle what they once had. Having been left behind to deal with the aftermath of their bombshell revelation and a family torn apart, Eden's not sure she can forgive him. Now she must search her heart and decide if Tyler is worth the risk once and for all.

         If you can recall, I didn't give the first novel of this book a very decent rating. In fact, I was a bit harsh. It was definitely for all the right reasons, but in this case it would be impossible to rate this book with anything less than a four. If I could give half ratings, this book would definitely earn a 4.5. As in the second novel, the third novel keeps parties out of the plot. I will admit that the second novel left me on a cliff hanger, that I was not happy about. I get very emotional about characters and their love interests, so when Tyler just ran away from Eden like he did, I was forced to start the third book immediately. It was super hard to hear that an entire year had passed and Eden had basically given up on Tyler after completely ruining her relationship with Dean, which I actually liked. Sorry to those of you who always had it for Tyler. 
         My one pet peeve about this book was that Eden never even once thought about her best friend from Portland during the second novel. She never talked of missing her, or feeling as if her current friends weren't as good as her old one. In fact, it was as if she had completely forgotten about her. So, when Eden returned to Portland in this novel, it frustrated me that Eden just picked things right back up with her so called bff. Not to mention she completely switched to a new University as if it was what she had been looking for all along! I mean sounds great and happily ever after, but I didn't buy it. Other than that, the book was amazing.
         I thought it was pretty neat how the series made a big plot circle. Eden would never have met Tyler if she hadn't moved from Portland to California, but she never would have tied the not if she hadn't gone from California to Portland. All in all the characters in this book and the slow build of intimacy between Eden and Tyler is just so amazing. Every little secret Tyler shares with Eden just warms my heart so much. Tyler is such a great guy in this novel and honestly if my boyfriend had a surprise fourth of July on the eighteenth because he knew he had missed our holiday... I think I would cry. So props to Tyler, and Estelle for writing such an amazing novel and overall series. 

Thank you! Please comment your favorite novel from the series! Mine was the second one until the end which crushed my heart...LOL. If you have any other questions on the novel just comment below and I will answer them. Also, I apologize for posting this review so late! I actually finished the novel back in July, but the good news is I have read a TON in August so be ready. 


Comments