Welcome! Blog Intro & Get to Know Me

Welcome to Tales of a Teen Author!

         Hi Everyone! My name is Ashley Larkins and I am fairly new to the blogging world. I am NOT, however, new to the writing world. I have been writing since I was in the 5th grade. Now, my writing was never fantastic, but it was something. Most people are afraid to even put words on a page, but not my 5th grade self. My writing grew a lot and by the time I was in 8th grade I had completed a 10 page short story, and 50 pages of my first ever novel. I have put my original writings away for now, as they are not quite publishing material and need a lot of work, but hopefully I can fix them up in the future.
         Currently, I am going into 11th grade and am 16 years old. I recently started a new novel, which I am much more fond of. This story incorporates a lot of themes that I struggle with in high school and as a teenager, without facing them directly. The story is evolving as we speak, and I hope to share some of it with you all in the future. I love to read work from other young authors, as I think it is so inspiring that such young people can create such amazing art.
         I have always been the shy nerdy kid who instead of playing sports, would rather stay inside and get caught up in her imagination, whether that be my own works, or the works of other authors. Reading is such a gift. It has inspired me to write as much as I have, and everyday these authors are teaching me how to make myself  better, without even knowing it. I plan to share all of that with you all.
         Now, the blog itself will be a mix of both my reading and writing personality. I will share tips and tricks to writing, along with notes on my personal journey as a teen author. I hope to inspire people of all ages to get out there and just write. I know it can be hard to make yourself sit down at times, and take a break, but in the end reading about the characters that you have created, is the best feeling in the world. I want to also share some of my great reads! After all, an author's best way to learn is through books. I will be sharing book reviews along with some good book lists for winter, summer, plane rides, and whatever else you may request.
         I am very open to hearing from all of my readers! If you have any requests on books you would like me to read and review, or a good book to take on a specific vacation just shoot me an email or comment and I will be more than happy to comply. Along with that, anyone struggling with their writing, whether it be you need a little inspiration, you're bad a time management, or you just want someone to tell you that you can do, that's what I'm here for.

Thank you so much for listening! Please give me a chance & subscribe so that you never miss a post! If you are interested you can also follow my bookstagram(Instagram) or booktube(youtube) - @aalwritteen

xoxox,
     ashleylarkinswriter


Comments