Review: Famous In Love

Famous In Love ~ Review

Title: Famous in Love
Author: Rebecca Serle
Publisher: Poppy
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐
Synopsis:   When Paige Townsen gets plucked from obscurity to star in the movie adaption of a blockbuster book series, her life changes practically overnight. Within a month, Paige is on a bustling film set, and is spending quality time with her costar Rainer Devon, one of People's Sexiest Men Alive. But then troubled star Jordan Wilder lands the role of the other point in the movie's famous love triangle, and Paige's crazy new life begins to resemble her character's.

         I finished reading the Novel by Rebecca Serle back in May, and despite my first thoughts on the book, I did like it enough to purchase the second book in the series, Truly, Madly, Famously. I started the novel, guiltily I must admit because I saw advertisements for the show on Freeform. I have enjoyed other series that have aired on Freeform in the past and was excited to watch Famous In Love. It wasn't until I was talking to a friend that I realized it was a book. Like all loyal readers, I had to read the book before I could allow myself to watch the first episode of the new Freeform series.
         The start of the book was a bit slow for me. I should start by saying that I don't typically read realistic fiction. I do occasionally catch myself in the act, but for the most part it tends to bore me. This may make me a bit biased towards this novel, but hopefully you will take my honest opinion to heart. Continuing, I found it hard to keep reading in the beginning. It wasn't until about a 100 pages in and the love story began to bud, that I really got hooked. I felt that this could be overlooked based on the excellent ending to the story. Don't worry, I won't spoil anything. Serle did an excellent job at wrapping the story up with a cliff hanger and a major decision that will keep you guessing.
         As for the characters in the story. I am a person who judges books harshly based on how easy it is to connect with the characters in the story. For me, the more real a character feels, the more deeply I can connect with the book. In Famous In Love, Paige Townsen and her two lovers Jordan Wilder and Rainer Devon are fairly easy to connect with. I wouldn't say that I was blown away, but I definitely understood the pain, sadness, and embarrassment of the characters.
         I know a few of you are dying to hear my reaction to the book vs. show, but I think it is pretty challenging considering the two are so completely different! Comment your thoughts on this, without any spoilers!
         Overall, I would give Famous In Love 3 out of 5 stars. If you want to hear more book reviews please Subscribe for notifications, or if you have any more questions on this book, please leave a comment.
         Here is the link to Rebecca Serle's blog. Here you can find more information on her books and get connected with her.
xoxox,
    ashleylarkinswriter


Comments