Review: Did I Mention I Need You?

Did I Mention I Need You ~ Review

Title: Did I Mention I Need You?
Series: DIMLY series 2 of 3
Author: Estelle Maskame
Genre: Young Adult/ Contemporary, Romance
Publisher: Black & White Publishing
Rating: ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰
Synopsis: It's been a year since eighteen-year-old Eden Munro last saw Tyler Bruce: her stepbrother…and her secret love. Although they called time on their forbidden relationship for the sake of their family, Eden can't help but feel excited when Tyler invites her to join him in New York City for the summer. Anyway, Eden is happy with her boyfriend Dean, and surely Tyler has moved on too. But as they spend a long, hot summer in the excitement of the city that never sleeps, it soon becomes obvious that they aren’t over each other. But can they resist temptation?

         As most of you know, I read the first book in this series back in June, leading me to read the second. My review on the first book was a bit harsh, and it was hard for me to pick up the second. However, I am soooo glad that I did. My biggest concern with the last book, was that the plot consisted of mostly just parties. The good news about the second book in the series is that there are considerably less parties. Some of my favorite parts from the last book were when Eden and Tyler shared very deep moments together. Did I Mention I Need You, has many of these moments. Unfortunately, some of them are a bit predictable, but it worked. I will say that I was able to feel the emotions in this book much better than the first. I understood how risky the situation the main characters were in was. I also realized how much was at stake, and that helped keep me on edge throughout the whole thing. I did find myself wondering how there could possibly be a third novel as I neared the end of this one, but I quickly figured out the answer to that. In fact it was so shocking, and so sad, that I felt just as upset as Eden.
         If you like books that make you feel on edge, or something that will have you screaming at the characters to think about what they are doing, then this is the book for you. It was fast paced and led easily into the third book, which I am currently pages away from finishing.

Behind the stars:
I gave this novel 4 stars because I was able to completely feel the way that Eden felt. I understood her indecisiveness, her feeling of no control, and her fear. I felt like the plot kept moving and the numerous plot twists, even if they were a bit predictable, kept me reading. I would say go pick up a copy, and if the first one seemed bad, don't worry the next two are amazing!



Comments