5 Summer Reads


5 Books You Must Read This Summer!

Hello Everyone, a month of summer has already flown by, but for most of you there are still two months left. That is plenty of time to choose a few books from this list and read, read, read. I chose these 5 books because when people think of summer, they think of romance. I know when I picture myself lying on a sandy beach I immediately think of an epic love story. The 5 books I have chosen are a mix of 5 different epic loves. 

1. The Beginning Of Everything, by Robyn Schneider
Image result for the beginning of everything book
"Varsity tennis captain Ezra Faulkner was supposed to be homecoming king, but that was before—before his girlfriend cheated on him, before a car accident shattered his leg, and before he fell in love with unpredictable new girl Cassidy Thorpe"
I have not read this book, but it has been on my list of TBR (to be read) books for quite some time. I love books with a tragedy and this one reminded me a lot of The Running Dream, by Wendelin Van Draanen, which I loved very much. It definitely involves characters who are struggling with a newfound disability and if you love reading books that enforce the idea that anything is impossible, this is the book for you.

2. After You, by Jojo Moyes
Image result for after you
"How do you move on after losing the person you loved? How do you build a life worth living? Louisa Clark is no longer just an ordinary girl living an ordinary life. After the transformative six months spent with Will Traynor, she is struggling without him. When an extraordinary accident forces Lou to return home to her family, she can’t help but feel she’s right back where she started. Her body heals, but Lou herself knows that she needs to be kick-started back to life. Which is how she ends up in a church basement with the members of the Moving On support group, who share insights, laughter, frustrations, and terrible cookies. They will also lead her to the strong, capable Sam Fielding—the paramedic, whose business is life and death, and the one man who might be able to understand her. Then a figure from Will’s past appears and hijacks all her plans, propelling her into a very different future. . . . For Lou Clark, life after Will Traynor means learning to fall in love again, with all the risks that brings."
I gave this one a try last summer and loved it. I read the first book in the series Me Before You, just a few weeks before the movie was released. After reading it and thinking that the book was a bit slow, I was a bit reluctant to pick up the second one. I am however, glad that I did. This book was ten times better than the first. After You had so many twists and turns, major plot twists, and it kept me on edge the entire time. The only thing I didn't love was the ending, not because it was sad, but because it seemed too easy. Yet another epic love story by Jojo Moyes! 

3.  All the Bright Places, by Jennifer Niven (P.S. her blog has some awesome writing tips) 
Image result for all the bright places
"Theodore Finch is fascinated by death. Everyday he thinks of ways he might kill himself. but everyday he also searches for----and manages to find----something to keep him here, and alive, and awake.
Violet Markey lives for the future, counting the days until graduation, when she can escape her small Indiana town and her aching grief in the wake of her sister's recent death.
When Finch and Violet meet on the edge of the bell tower---six stories above the ground--- it's unclear who saves whom. Soon it is only with Violet that Finch can be himself. And it's only with Finch that Violet can forget to count away the days and start living them. But as Violet's world grows, Finch's begins to shrink."
Again I have yet to pick this one up. I have, however, heard great things about this book. This love story is a bit different considering that both characters in the book are suffering, and they both need rescuing. I have heard that this book is a tear jerker, so if you are not looking for an emotional read and would rather a much lighter romance, don't pick this one up. 

4. Tell Me Three Things, by Julie Buxbaum
Image result for tell me three things
"Everything about Jessie is wrong. At least, that’s what it feels like during her first week of junior year at her new ultra-intimidating prep school in Los Angeles. It’s been barely two years since her mother’s death, and because her father eloped with a woman he met online, Jessie has been forced to move across the country to live with her stepmonster and her pretentious teenage son, and to start at a new school where she knows no one.
Just when she’s thinking about hightailing it back to Chicago, she gets an email from a person calling themselves Somebody/Nobody (SN for short), offering to help her navigate the wilds of Wood Valley High School. Is it an elaborate hoax? Or can she rely on SN for some much-needed help?
In a leap of faith—or an act of complete desperation—Jessie begins to rely on SN, and SN quickly becomes her lifeline and closest ally. Jessie can’t help wanting to meet SN in person. But are some mysteries better left unsolved?"
I recently picked up my copy of this while I was browsing books in Target. This book seems to be very along the lines of Everything, Everything, by Nicola Yoon. The book is set up with the romance budding over the internet. Neither person truly knows the other, but they are able to connect through technology. 

5. The Start Of Me and You, by Emery Lord
Image result for the start of me and you
"It's been a year since it happened--when Paige Hancock's first boyfriend died in an accident. After shutting out the world for two years, Paige is finally ready for a second chance at high school . . . and she has a plan. First: Get her old crush, Ryan Chase, to date her--the perfect way to convince everyone she's back to normal. Next: Join a club--simple, it's high school after all. But when Ryan's sweet, nerdy cousin, Max, moves to town and recruits Paige for the Quiz Bowl team (of all things!) her perfect plan is thrown for a serious loop. Will Paige be able to face her fears and finally open herself up to the life she was meant to live?"
This book I also found at Target. There was a sale for $6 books, and you know I wasn't gonna pass up on that opportunity. This book isn't typically something I would pick up, but I thought I would give it a shot, since it is summer. The book is really fitting for the summer season. There also seems to be a bit of a love triangle from what I gathered in the synopsis. You will have to let me know what you thought of this book.

Thank you guys so much for reading! I hope that you will enjoy my 5 choices. Please leave me a comment on which one you are excited to read! For updates on my reviews for these books, please hit subscribe! Also if you would rather see me talk about these 5 books in person, head over to my youtube channel @aalwritteen

Comments